1. The movie I watched was Flyboys. This is based on a real-life story. The title relates to the movie because they were young men (boys) who flew fighter planes. Although based on real-life the entire story is based on a book that was previously published three years prior. The film follows the entire process for a soldier.
2. The movie is about World War I. More specifically the years 1914 to 1917 before the United States entered the war. it follows the Hundred Twenty-Fourth French Air force Squadrant. It is about hotshot American men who entered the war against the Germans, but while America was still neutral. In the end America is truly more involved then expected because of all the fighter pilots who entered the war with France.
3. Flyboys taught me more about how the United States was partially involved in World War I, and how the pilots lived. Although some inaccurate points it shows the overall understanding of the war. It reinforced my understanding cause i know that there were fighter pilots but I did not know that the United States made up almost an entire squadrant. It also reinforced how much outside help the allied powers had without full commitments from other countries. It shows these men would do anything to learn a new trade.
4. I thought the movie was excellent. It covers tons of facts and it allows you to see what these men went through. I found it awesome cool how they were the United States first fighter pilots. I also, liked how they showed what the men went through. I now have a better understanding of how the United States affected the war without truly entering the war. I also have a greater understanding of what a country goes through when being attacked from all sides.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.