Tuesday, March 1, 2011

flyboys

The movie I watched was called Flyboys.
The movie is set during World War I before the United States had entered the war. During this time young Americans went to France to be fighter pilots. The movie shows what is was like to be an American fighter pilot during World War I. Flyboys showed me how brave the men were to put thereselves in those dangerous positions. It showed the tremendous loss of life that came with World War I. Towards the end of the movie the United States joins the war.

The movie put in perspective how dangerous it was to be a fighter pilot during this time. It shows how violent the war was. The movie also informed me that the Germans had more advanced planes and machine guns than the Americans did. It showed how much the pilots cared for one another. They risked there life to save each other and didnt leave one behind.

I thought Flyboys was a great movie. Until I saw this movie I was not aware that Americans fought in WWI before the United States actually entered the war. This movie had a lot of factual information. I enjoyed the movie and thought it was very interesting. I have gained a lot respect for these men who fought for us in the war after seeing this movie. It took a lot of courage for these men to do what they did. The movie was based on a true story set in Lafayette Escadrille in 1917.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.