The movie I chose to watch for the extra credit assignment was Flyboys (2006). This movie is about a group of young men enlisting in World War 1 to fly for the French. Throughout this movie they show how life would be for a man flying and how hard it was and all the difficulties. In Flyboys they really tried showing a lot of the history that actually happened. Being based in World War I, they had the actual planes they flew, uniforms, and how the men actually lived if they were flyers. They did not really show the other countries and how they dealt with the war and the people on the ground. The film only showed one part of the war and that was with the flying.
The film changed my understanding of this history because it showed how hard it was to lose a friend and how hard it was to go up in the air and shoot somebody and get shot at. I did not realize it was so hard for everyone there to do that. When i finished the film my first thought was like "no it can't end there, there has to be more." It was a really good movie and I thought they did an excellent job in using authenticity like the planes, including the Red Barons and the Black Falcon. They also did a very good job in showing how the actual fighting happened in the air instead of them just having fun. This movie will definitely be able to show me now how World War I really was now and hopefully others will see that to.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.